Fumed (naturally darkened)
Matte Low VOC Waterbase Poly, UV Cured
Surfaces & Finishes
Our Metro materials are finished with a low VOC water-based polyurethane that is ultra-violet cured. Depending on the color/style, Metro materials' surface textures are either lightly brushed or smooth.
Dimensions & Formats
Metro material are available in an engineered format only.
- 3/4" Thickness
- Standard plank widths are 5", 7", or 8"
* Wider plank options available upon request
- Standard plank lengths are 1′ – 7′ random lengths
* A length upgrade of 3'-8' is available upon request
- All metro materials have a 4 mm hardwood top layer
Plank & pattern OPTIONS
- Single-width planks
- Mixed-width planks
* Available in select colors only
Installation methods vary depending on wood format and site conditions, but here are some general guidelines:
- Solid wood is typically nailed, or nailed and glued, to a plywood subfloor.
- Engineered wood is typically glued down to concrete or plywood subfloors, with or without an underlayment such a sound abating mat or a moisture barrier, depending on site conditions/requirements.
- Engineered floors are also usually the best choice for gluing down over radiant heat installations.
- In either format, when planks are particularly wide, gluing and nailing is always good practice if possible.